1. About the Service
- The Service is to help Language Teachers find students by hosting their language profile on the internet.
- The Service's main goal is to improve the quality and affordability of language training in Japan.
- The Service is only for residents in Japan.
- The Service can only be used by Language Teachers who have fully read and agreed to this text.
- hello-sensei.com is not a recruiting agency, nor a personnel service agency, so does not intervene in the language lessons or other things involved. Students and teachers are directly responsible for making contracts regarding the language lessons.
2. Language Teacher Eligibility
- Language Teachers must teach only their native languages or non-native languages in which they have received teacher training and have a qualification from a well-known institution.
- Language Teachers must have a valid passport/visa and alien registration card (or permanent residence card) or possess Japanese nationality.
- Language Teachers must have a valid visa/permit that allows them to work in Japan (or they must have a Japanese spouse/Japanese citizenship).
3. Purpose of the Service
- The service must only be used by Language Teachers who genuinely and seriously want to find students in Japan.
- Language Teachers must not use the Service for any purpose other than finding students for their language classes.
4. Service Charge and Lesson Fees
- hello-sensei.com does not charge Language Teachers for using the Service.
- Language Teachers are not employees of hello-sensei.com.
- Language Teachers receive payment directly from students at the end of every lesson.
- There must be NO discrepancy between the price displayed on a teaching profile and the actual amount charged.
- Teachers must update their teaching profile and give their students a notice if they choose to change their lesson fees or any other additional fees.
5. Language Teacher's Information
- All information in a Language Teacher's profile can be displayed on hello-snesei.com online service, except for the Language Teacher's last name, address, phone number and e-mail address.
- A Language Teacher's e-mail address and last name are given to students who request their contact information in order to receive language classes.
- A Language Teacher's other contact information (cell-phone number, cell-phone email address etc.) may also be given to the students if the Language Teacher has allowed it in his/her teaching profile form.
6. Language Teacher's responsibilities
- Language Teachers must provide hello-sensei.com with correct information in the registration form and the teaching profile form.
- Language Teachers must not provide false or misleading information under any circumstances.
- Language Teachers are responsible for any of the following work-related matters resulting from teaching: tax, insurance, superannuation etc.
- Language Teachers must treat their students with respect and abide by any agreements between the teacher and the student.
- Language Teachers are responsible for the password that is issued on registration.
- Language Teachers must not put any kind of their contact information (email, telephone, etc.) on their teaching profile form except for some fields that ask Language Teachers to fill out with their contact information.
- if Language Teachers are not available for classes they must set the status of their teaching profile to "unpublished" on their account.
- Language Teachers must respond to all requests for language classes from students as soon as possible and if Language Teachers are not available for classes at the time of the requests they must inform the students accordingly.
- Language Teachers must not disclose their ID and password to anyone.
7. Responsibilities of hello-sensei.com
- hello-sensei.com helps Language Teachers find their own students by presenting their teaching profile to potential students on the internet.
- hello-sensei.com is responsible for providing government institutions with all necessary information of the users of the Service in case the following situations occur; illegal acts, harassment, etc.
- hello-sensei.com is not responsible for any damage, loss, dispute, or other problems that might have been caused by use of the Service.
8. hello-sensei.com's Rights
- hello-sensei.com reserves the right to edit or delete Language Teacher's profiles if false information, contact information or inappropriate statements are detected.
- hello-sensei.com holds the right to remove Language Teacher's profiles in case of any reported trouble with students.
- hello-sensei.com holds the right to refuse a Language Teacher's registration request or terminate their membership(account) without any notice.
- hello-sensei.com has the right to display all the information of the teaching profile, except for Language Teacher's last name, address, phone number and e-mail address and other contact information.
- hello-sensei.com holds the right to give Language Teachers' contact information to students up to four weeks after the removal of the teaching profile.
- All supplied content such as text, images, graphical programs, or other materials used on the hello-sensei.com website are the property of hello-sensei.com. Language Teachers can not use any of those materials without the written consent of hello-sensei.com.